About Richmond, North Yorkshire
“The handsome market town of Richmond is one of England’s best-kept secrets, perched on a rocky outcrop overlooking the River Swale and guarded by the ruins of a massive castle” Lonely Planet
The gorgeous market town of Richmond offers many attractions for people of all ages, including:
- A weekly Saturday market and a monthly farmer’s market
- A Norman castle dating from 1071
- The beautiful River Swale
- The Station, featuring Richmond’s Brewing Company and a cinema, amongst many other attractions
- A leisure centre with a swimming pool
- The Green Howards military museum
- The Georgian Theatre Royal with a variety of plays, pantomimes, and free events
And of course, you can always enjoy a walk to embrace the stunning scenery and historic architecture.
Whether you’re a seasoned walker or simply fancy a leisurely stroll, there are many beautiful views on offer here in Richmond.
We are a short drive away from Catterick Garrison, which is home to Catterick Race Course and a large shopping centre.